Slow cooker Smoky Mac & Chesse
Double post Thursday!
I thought that I would put up a picture of the Slow Cooker Smoky Mac & Cheese from The Vegan Slow Cooker book. Complimenting it is some roasted broccoli with cajun seasoning and smoky paprika.
The recipe is dangerously easy to do:
- 4 cups nondairy milk (we used almond)
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 8 oz. macaroni
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheddar (we used Daiya)
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella (we used Daiya)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke (we added 1-2 tsp total)
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning (we added 1-2 tsp total)
- salt and pepper to taste
Oil the slow cooker and toss all the ingredients in, stirring to combine. Cook on high for about 1 hour, or until the pasta is al dente. (If you use whole wheat pasta it might take a bit longer.) Give the whole thing a stir every 20 minutes or so. Make sure that you keep checking that the pasta is not too done, or else you might get mushy pasta. For the broccoli just toss it in some oil, cajun seasoning, and smoky paprika. Roast on 400 until the ends of the broccoli begin to brown.
That’s is! It is simple and super delicious the next day. Enjoy!