Consider this our Thanksgiving recipe post! We hope that your time spent over the holiday was both restful and filling…cause, come on, you have to eat! We decided to put up our favorite pie of all time: Cranberry Pie. This recipe comes straight from my Aunt Beth. And while we perhaps shouldn’t share such a secretive family recipe, it is just too delicious to not pass on. Though it was not originally vegan, it is simple enough to make revisions so that anyone can eat it. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 bag of cranberries, split (frozen first)*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp flour or corn starch
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups cashew cream**
- double crust (one used for lattice top)
*Take the frozen cranberries and cut each (roughly) in half. You don’t have to make it a perfect cut, just make sure not to pulverize them.
**Soak 1 1/2 cups of raw cashews anywhere from 3 hours to overnight. Drain the liquid, put the cashews in the cuiseinart. Add 1/2 water and blend. Keep adding water until the mixture resembles heavy cream. In the end you will probably end up with more cashew cream than the pie calls for. Simple save the extra cream in the fridge.
The How To
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fix the bottom pie crust.
- Pour in split cranberries, mix dry ingredients and pour over cranberries.
- Pour the cashew cream over the cranberries and the dry ingredients.
- Put on the lattice top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
ALL recipes can be located again (once they are not the main post) by clicking on the Recipe Sunday Menu, and then selecting the recipe you want to view!