General Tso’s Sauce
This is a remarkably simple sauce to make. You can use any sort of protein (tofu is great) or just do vegetables. Then put the whole thing over rice. Easy; and Tasty!
- 3 green onions (chopped; white and light green parts only)
- 1 Tbsp ginger (minced; fresh works best, but you can substitute dried)
- 1 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
The How To
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 2-3 minutes (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well.
- Combine 2 Tbsp water and 1Tbsp cornstarch in a small bowl or cup, then slowly add the mixture to the pan. Stir well.
- Add whatever ingredients you are using to the pan, coat with the sauce, and serve over rice!
If you want the full recipe that we use it can be found here.