Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salad
With spring slowly sneaking its way here, a recipe capable of pushing it a little closer is this easy salad that can be eaten on its own or rolled up into tortillas.
- Frozen Corn (at least 1 small bag, or the equivalent in fresh if you have it)
- Avocado (at least 1, diced; but always more the merrier)
- Black Beans (at least one 15 oz. can, or the equivalent in fresh)
- White Onion (1 medium, diced)
- Cilantro (one large handful, chopped)
- White Vinegar or lime juice (start with 2-3 tbsp)
- salt (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
- optional: tomatoes; red onion (in place of the white onion)
The How To
- Drain black beans. Add frozen corn and rise beans and corn with luke warm water. Add to large bowl.
- Add the diced onion.
- *Add diced avocado.
- Chop the cilantro and add, along with rest of ingredients, to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Season to taste.
Serve as a side dish or put heaping helpings into some tortillas! You can eat this right away, but it tastes better if you let it sit.
*If you plan on waiting a while to eat it you should hold off adding the avocado so that it doesn’t turn brown.