Here is a quick and easy recipe for braised kale. Braising involves searing or browning the main ingredient and then simmering it in a small amount of liquid. We often do braised greens and beans as a quick side dish; here we will give you a basic recipe using kale and garlic.
- 2-3 handfulls of kale (washed and patted dry)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp – 1/4 C. veg stock (depends on how “soupy” you want the kale)
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
The How To
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30-45 seconds (don’t burn).
- Add the kale in small batches, tossing it with the olive oil and garlic until all the kale is in the pan.
- Cook for another minute then add the stock. Toss the kale to coat, then cover the pan. You want the kale to retain some vibrant color and not wilt too much, so keep an eye on it. (Depending on how much stock you used the kale might soak up the liquid really quickly.)