With Christmas just around the corner, Jon and I decided to whip up this super simple, yet crazy delicious recipe. This recipe comes to you straight out of the “Vegan Bible” of cookbooks, Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. Last christmas I took these bad boys to work, nervous about how a vegan cookie would fair among all the other goodies. Needless to say, I left with an empty plate and requests for the recipe.
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves (we use the Trappist brand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened coco powder (sift if clumpy)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 350 & lightly grease cookie sheet (we use a pampered chef pizza stone and skip the cookie sheet part, if you have pampered chef cookware, I recommend using it for the chewiest cookies!)
- In large mixing bowl stir together the rasp. preserves, sugar, canola oil, vanilla & almond extracts
- In a separate bowl sift together other ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet in three batches, mixing well with a fork after each batch. when you get to the third batch you may need to use your hands to work batter into a dough.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls in you hands then flatten to 2 1/2 inch diameter disks.
- Place on baking sheet 1/2 in apart (they don’t spread out much)
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Makes 2 dozen
Enjoy the crazy deliciousness of these cookies, and know that you truly added to the peace of this season, by making a cruelty free desert!
ALL recipes can be located again (once they are not the main post) by clicking on the Recipe Sunday Menu, and then selecting the recipe you want to view!