Neither Jon nor I run with music. Trails are music and poetry enough, we do however have a plethora of songs that remind us of the trails, and we listen to this playlist on car trips. Some of these are from outdoorsy movies, or a Anton (Tony) Krupicka (TK to Jon and I, cause you know, we are on an initials basis with him) youtube video but all remind us in one way or another of the trails. Single track through a dense Northeastern wood.
each song is linked to a youtube video, for your listening pleasure or curiosity.
(1) Promentory – Trevor Jones/The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack
(2) Colorado– Paper Bird
(3) Ghost Under Rocks– Ra Ra Riot (I went to k-12 with Milo [red and white stripped shirt] and he and his band are incredibly talanted, check them out if you don’t know them)
(4) Ho Hey– The Lumineers
(5) Society– Eddie Vedder
(6) Martyr– Rusted Root
(7) The Rising– Bruce Springsteen
(8) Cooperstown– The Felice Brothers
(9) Lost Boys– Paper Bird
(10) Orange Sky– Alexi Murdoch
(11) Rise– Eddie Vedder
(12) Salty South– The Indigo Girls
(13) Ghost Woman Blues– The Low Anthem
(14) What a Day That Was– Talking Heads
(15) Scotland– The Lumineers
one last thing, that I love and have listened to while running trails is Walt Whitman’s Pionners! O Pioneers! I highly recommend downloading to an ipod and listening to it while running trails at least once.